Features of Aviation Summit 2017
Andhra Pradesh has a robust civil aviation infrastructure in India, with the state boasting an international airport at Visakhapatnam, airports at Tirupati, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Cuddapah and Puttaparthi, that receive regular scheduled flights, other six new airports in PPP model to be taken up at Bhogapuram, Dagadarthi, Orvakallu, Kuppam, Tadepallegudam and Ongole that are planned to be developed under Greenfield Airport policy. In addition to the airports, there are airstrips available at Donakonda (Prakasam District), NagarjunaSagar (Guntur District) and Tadepallegudem which are going to come under national level plans of developing regional.
The Vision for Andhra Pradesh Civil Aviation is “Creation of world class aviation infrastructure in the State that would help provide reliable and seamless air connectivity to regional, national and international destinations by 2022”.
Government of Andhra Pradesh has taken landmark initiatives like setting up of MRO facilities, aviation training facilities, aircraft and component manufacturing, hospitality infrastructure and tourism services at select airports and set up the Andhra Pradesh Regional Airport Development Fund (APRADF) to provide financial support for regional airport development.
- To improve air connectivity within Andhra Pradesh by -Developing new airports through PPP mode, Facilitating up-gradation of air navigation services, runway, apron, night landing facilities, terminal building, passenger amenities at the existing airports in coordination with AAI.
- Promoting development of no-frills airports across the state, which will act as centers of economic activity in interior regions and Developing airports/helipads /heliports in all the Districts for tourist and business purpose.
- Promoting intra and inter-state air connectivity between places of economic, tourism and religious interest to their existing and potential markets.
- To promote development of aviation infrastructure through creation of - Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facilities, Air cargo facilities, Air Freight Stations(AFS), warehouses,Aviation training and educational institutes.
- To make Andhra Pradesh a preferred destination for investment in aviation and allied businesses by creating airports.
- Facilitating multi-modal connectivity of airports with ports, expressways and railways and their integrated planning & Promoting seaplane services and aero-sports activities to boost tourism.
- Encouraging air ambulance facilities and services for medical emergencies and disaster management